From: surya at nsecure.net (Suresh Ponnusami)
Subject: spam with anti-bayesian parts

Actually most of the spammers use automated tools that contains some
scriptable plugins to evade the spam filters. Since they spam more that
1000's of users at a time, picking something real might be a bit slow and
requires extra processing. Even if they create a template for all the mails,
that'll take up some time which they may not want to waste on. Also,
introducing random gibberish noise might be able to get through bayesian
filters because, that particular gibberish junk may not be in the database.
And sometimes after learning that pattern, the pattern may not repeat
et-all.
next time, since it's just a random sequence. There are endless patterns
that you can create with just 26 character using just a line of perl code
that'll never repeat. Also they introduce unicode characters alongwith the
sequence of the noise.

It's one of the evasion techniques that spammers use to get around the
spam filters.

regards,
Suresh Ponnusami
Technical Architect