From: rlanguy at hotmail.com (Lan Guy)
Subject: Professional Groups

Have you considered the disbenefit of such a move. Your employer could end
up having to pay you less. Force you into a group life savings plan  (saving
the employer money). Force your employer to decide your HMO.

What I think you really mean is that we need an indepentent testing
mechanism, that is not vendor baised, that can judge by a persons knowledge,
education and experience.
But we already have that:
http://www.sans.org/
http://www.comptia.org/default.asp