From: John.Airey at rnib.org.uk (John.Airey@...b.org.uk)
Subject: RE: [Fwd: [TH-research] OT: Israeli Post Office break-in]

I can't resist any longer. I have to ask a few questions.

1. How did they know which switch to connect to? Wouldn't this require some
knowledge of network topology.
2. If it is indeed a switch and not a hub, how did they obtain access to set
this port to monitor traffic?
3. How did they get access to the switch. Shouldn't it have been locked
away.
4. How did they convert electrons to money? Was this by raiding bank
accounts or collecting credit card numbers?
5. How could they be unable to hide a WAP in a rack (assuming the switch was
in a rack)? I can think of several ways to hide one without it being
visible.

Seems like a bit of an inside job to me, but I'm no Dick Tracy...

-
John Airey, BSc (Jt Hons), CNA, RHCE
Internet systems support officer, ITCSD, Royal National Institute of the
Blind,
Bakewell Road, Peterborough PE2 6XU,
Tel.: +44 (0) 1733 375299 Fax: +44 (0) 1733 370848 John.Airey@...b.org.uk

Even if you win the rat race, that will still only make you a rat.

-
DISCLAIMER:

and any attachments from your system.

those of RNIB.