From: hescomingsoon at verizon.net (William Warren)
Subject: Re: January 15 is Personal Firewall Day, help
 the cause

jan.muenther@...ns.com wrote:

<snip>

>Yeah, I agree, but that was also a pretty steep learning curve and a lesson
>that e.g. Redhat had to learn the hard way. I believe in 2001 Redhat 6.2 had
>more severe security alerts that w2k.

What many tend to forget because MS and others have blinded them to the
fact is that RH may have had more security alerts but outside of the
kernel RH is not linux..the linux operating system is the
kernel..everything else is third party...MS by their own adminission has
windows tied into everything in the instlalation(IE, WMP..etc etc) and a
flaw in one of these programs is a flaw in the entire system.  BIG
difference in architecture big difference in overall security...you
cannot compare windows to a linux distro becuase the distro itself IS
not linux..:)

<snip>

--
May God Bless you and everything you touch.

My "foundation" verse:
Isaiah 54:17 No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.