From: chows at ozemail.com.au (Gregh)
Subject: Nortons Liveupdate - problem?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Joshua Levitsky" <jlevitsk@...hie.com>
To: "Gregh" <chows@...mail.com.au>; <full-disclosure@...ts.netsys.com>
Sent: Tuesday, January 20, 2004 2:19 PM
Subject: Re: [Full-Disclosure] Nortons Liveupdate - problem?

Well, if you read the letter I posted, it was obviously not aimed at
corporate America, UK, Canada or even Australia. It was actually for the
benefit of most of the world from home user to medium business and others,
some who dont know how to set up a server and some who dont want to yet have
30 or so lans in workgroups etc. That isnt big.

It was just a warning for heck's sake. I have noticed in 3 different
locations that damed Symantec Update, since the day of the redirection
debacle, hadnt AUTO updated though set to do so. A MANUAL update later and
it now all auto updates perfectly but it takes intervention.

Surely you realise that if this is happening elsewhere in the world, it was
a worthwhile warning?

Eg, 3 different locations, Nortons 2000, 2002 and 2004 and they ALL do the
same thing from the exact same date? You don't think that may mean it is
happening on a much broader scale? Previous to that date, all were working
flawlessly.

Geez even you must know SOMEONE with Nortons AV on a home computer somewhere
who may fall foul of Bagle, for example, simply because they aren't that
computer literate and their AV didn't update (if what I suspect is correct)?

Greg.