From: chows at ozemail.com.au (Gregh)
Subject: Anti-MS drivel

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tobias Weisserth" <tobias@...sserth.de>
To: "Gregh" <chows@...mail.com.au>
Cc: "Mary Landesman" <mlande@...lsouth.net>;
<full-disclosure@...ts.netsys.com>
Sent: Wednesday, January 21, 2004 9:01 AM
Subject: Re: [Full-Disclosure] Anti-MS drivel

> Hi Greg,
>
> Am Di, den 20.01.2004 schrieb Gregh um 21:48:
> ..
> > In the same way as that, your computer today, may be as secure as anyone
can
> > make it, on the web and then tomorrow, someone finds another way in.
Hell,
> > MS may be the most attacked OS in the world for sure (it is the most
used
> > one so no surprise, there) but every other OS has had weaknesses that
can be
> > exploited.
>
> Is it really so hard to agree that there is a difference between an OS
> that ships with all services disabled in comparison to an OS with many
> services enabled by default?

...and there we have it. You are talking about 1970s computing as opposed to
now. Actually, even computing from 1990. I had to write reams of configs
just to get on the net back in 1990. Today, I can point and click a Windows
PC on to the net in minutes. What's the difference here? Well, the harder a
thing is, the less the person wants it. MS sells to more because they made
it easier to do a lot of things and of course they made some sound business
decisions early on in the company's life. Whereas YOU can enable whatever
you want because YOU know how, most people in the world cant. So, where
would we be today if we went your way? Less take-up of computers, thus
internet thus jobs.

> If you're not able to see this and agree to this you'll always be
> trapped inside the prison of you mind on this.

You know, I would have to say that you cant see past your OWN limitations
therefore it is everyone else's fault by that comment.

Greg.