From: ge at egotistical.reprehensible.net (Gadi Evron)
Subject: Re: [Fwd: [TH-research] Modified Bagle]

Sorry for replying to this, this has nothing to do with these lists Nick
emailed.

This is a private internal matter of the TH-Research list.

Since we were attacked, I will now forward my reply to TH-Research, I
see no reason to reply to any private assault directed at me from Nick.

In my view - Nick is no longer considered a professional.

I did not remove him from the list when he made his personal attack
against members, I will now.

I had a lot of respect for Nick, now I see he is only a Troll spreading
Flame-Baits.

I will make no further comment on this subject publicly.

	Gadi Evron

Begin quote >>>

To: TH-Research
Subject: OKAY now - mandatory reading to list members.

Once before I had to send such an email to the list, which is usually
low-traffic and sane.
That time involved a certain individual and a certain commercial company
who tried to kill our list since they saw it as competition.

A few things:

1. Any more emails on how the list is run, will be sent to me directly
     as mentioned in the FAQ.

2. A quote from the FAQ:
	While the mailing list may not be democratic, it is not a
	dictatorship, either. List members can vote to change any aspect
	of the list, short of a direct violation of what the mailing
	list's purpose is and what it stands for. This includes changing
	who manages the list.

     The mailing list may not be a democracy, but it is not a
     dictatorship.
     If the list members chose to add the reporter to the list it would
     have been done since it is not in direct violation as to what the
     list is *about*.

3. Participating in the mailing list is not mandatory. One can be a
     quiet and passive observer, and chose to contribute as much as he or
     she feels is right.
     Further-more, the list is built on trust, you can contribute as much
     as you like, and as much as you trust the list - if you chose to
     contribute.

4. Adding the reporter was a very low-probability, but it was an
     interesting request and therefore I emailed the list about it, since
     although I run the list by myself, while consulting with others, it
     should be decided by the list members. Besides, it made an
     interesting discussion.

5. If you have anything to say to list members, correct them, teach them
     or whatever else. Either do it privately or in a "nice" professional
     way.
     Personal attacks will NOT be tolerated on this list.

6. This list is NOT CARO.

7. All traffic through this list has been professional, ethical and
     legal.

8. If anyone would not like to be a member of this list, the
     sintructions on how to unsubscribe are specified on every message
     footer that gets sent to the list.

9. Nick: Your insight and input are welcome, but not like that. You may
     not consider Daniel a pro, and he may not know much about PE
     wrappers. But he is a good guy who spent his online life helping
     others. Either make your comments professional and not personal, or
     stay lurking, I will not remove you from the list despire your
     "scortched earth" messages to the emailing list, since I appreciate
     you as a professiona. DO NOT repeat what you have done.

10. Many list members contribute.
      Many more do not. They sit quietly and gather the gems or some
      off-topic emails sent to this list, and give nothing in return.

      That is quite acceptable.

11. Unlike some "all-white, all-christian" clubs in the AV world, this
      list is open and free, although private and with a
      closed-membership-policy.
      We worked hard on it, and damn straight I will publish it in my
      signature, and when I forward (according to list guidelines)
      messages to other mailing lists - which doesn't happen very often,
      and always with approval of both the author of the message and the
      list manager (me).

      [Further-more, I have never used this list for any private purpose,
      and even lost a job offer because I demanded to keep this list
      non-commercial, I resent your implication, and I now let it slide.]

12. I will consider EVERY request to join this list, and I will honour
      any request with a reply.

13. The security and integrity of the list and its members are a top
      priority, and I work for HOURS every day making sure of that.
      Some of you know how hard it was to get on the list, and how
      annoying I was before accepting you.
      THE SECURITY AND INTEGRITY OF THIS LIST IS A TOP PRIORITY, Period.

15. I am very proud of what was accomplished on this list. We did good.
      If this slandering and un-professional behaviour persists I will be
      forced to remove some people, although I DON'T LIKE DOING THAT UNDER
      ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.

Did I forget anything?

This all STOPS NOW!

Back to business, there will be NON OF THIS on TH-Research.

Next time this happens - which it won't, I will just remove those who
disturb the peace.
I am very open to suggestions, comments and criticism, I never prevented
a post that ever made me look.. erm.. silly. But I still run this list
and by whatever is holy to whatever list member-
CUT it out, now.

I hope this is not yet another attempt by traditional AV industry folks
or a commercial attempt to destroy the list, we lives through it before,
we will continue just fine.

Any issues with the list? Ethics? Email me privately or call me at
+972-50-428610.
Legal issues? You know our lawyer's contact information.

In the past I offered my resignation when A. I started working for an AV
company and B. when that commercial attempt made me believe at first
that I was not managing this list right.
I do not offer it this time.

Go away.

	Gadi Evron.
--