From: security at 303underground.com (Scott Taylor)
Subject: MyDoom download info

Ok, so because you happen to be on a security list, you are
automatically to be trusted? Do you remember the so-called
"ProFTPD-1.2.9rc2 remote exploit" from Oct 24, 2003? It was described
like this:
Ladies and gentlemen, here's the source code of the exploit for the
latest release of ProFTPD. This is a Zero-Day private exploit, please
DON'T REDISTRIBUTE. I will not take responsibility for any damages which
could result from the usage of this exploit, use it at your own risk.
Shortly thereafter, someone was kind enough to elaborate on what it
really did:

        Then some "creative hopping" to connect this to an "/bin/sh rm
        -rf /". If shellcode matches 0x72, 0x6d, 0x2d and 0x66 .. always
        be "alerted" :>

So, I'm sorry, but being on a security-related mailing list does NOT
automatically grant you trust. And even though I use a real operating
system, I'm not going to just trust someone just because they SAY
something is safe. You probably are a good guy. But inappropriately
trusting email is how this thing grew to be as massive as it is, or did
you forget that already?

I can sign my emails too, but signing keys are free, and your signature
is not signed as valid by anyone I know, just as my signature is
probably not signed by anyone you know. And I don't expect you to
blindly trust me, either!

--
Scott Taylor - <security@...underground.com>

Finagle's First Law:
	If an experiment works, something has gone wrong.