From: nick at virus-l.demon.co.uk (Nick FitzGerald)
Subject: sco.com -> slow? :)

Sebastian Dietz <dietz@...ecs.de> wrote:

> Apparently they did the only possible solution. They took the domain
> www.sco.com
> out of the dns. At least i cannot find it anymore in various dns's...

"only possible action"??

Somehow I think it odd that a company as clearly litigious as SCO is of
late would jeopardize its ability to claim damages should a court case
ever ensue charging someone over the creation and/or release of the
Mydoom viruses.  Were that to happen, surely SCO would be in a much
stronger position if it was able to stand up in court with heaps of
fancy "before and after" traffic load, lag, reachability, etc, etc
charts that would clearly illustrate to any two brain-celled jury
member that SCO was "attacked" and almost equally clearly show that its
web presence (presumably a highly valuable asset to any "real" computer
technology company these days?) "must have been damaged"...

To simply commit a self-inflicted DoS seems like legal lunancy to me.

Of course, IANAL, so there may be some even more cunning legal plot
afoot here...

Regards,

Nick FitzGerald