From: pauls at utdallas.edu (Paul Schmehl)
Subject: Removal?

--On Wednesday, February 4, 2004 12:41 AM +0000 axid3j1al axid3j1al
<axid3j1al@...mail.com> wrote:

> usr_crtl.dll wont unregister and fag.exe is not in the process list.

It was worth a shot.  You could download pslist from sysinternals and use
that to list the process id, and then use their pskill to kill it.

<http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/utilities.shtml>

(I would put these on a write-protected floppy.)

Then you should be able to remove the files.  I would also check the
registry for entries.  You can use Ctrl F to search for the file names
"usr_crt.dll" and "faq.exe" in the registry and remove them.  Then reboot,
and you should be able to remove them.

> Norton is fully patched to current as is windows update.

Any idea how this got on your computer?

> Current versions of  adaware, spybot (search & Destroy) or norton found
> any trace of the trojan. Even when pointed directly at that directory.
> Anything else that recgnises this?

Did you try housecall.antivirus.com?

Paul Schmehl (pauls@...allas.edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer