From: ge at linuxbox.org (Gadi Evron)
 vulnerabilities to code injection.

For the past month or two we have been seeing more and more off-topic
message on the TH-Research (Trojan Horses Research) mailing list.

We decided to start a new mailing list to take off the "pressure".

The new mailing list is called appsec-research, and it will deal with
issues such as vulnerability research through packers and win32 binaries
to code injection.

Same rules, same issues: we are here to help people (and the rest of the
world when we can) while staying on the _good_ "side of the fence".. but
we do not allow anyone on the list before a background check.

I personally believe in the concept of full disclosure, but I realize
now that when it comes to security it's no longer practical for the very
simple reason that we are out-numbered 100,000 to one.

I am not trying to start a debate about that, it is simply how I
personally see things and how we are going to run our new list.

So, the new list will be all about how to protect and break software,
whether it's a vulnerability or a packer.. I considered calling the list
IDA-geeks, but oh well.

If you want to join send me an email message to ge@...p.mx.dk.

I decided to send this email message here after discussing it with the
FD moderator and getting his permission. I truly hope is that this
doesn't end up starting yet another anti-Microsoft thread.

     Gadi Evron.