From: ishikodzume at beneath.plus.com (Ishikodzume)
Subject: Gee Why don't you teach then! Help out the community.

Hi,

> Sure.  You can re-learn and re-invent.

Hmm, i obviously didn't make my point clear enough :\

> Hmm.. how long would it have taken you to figure out the concept of
> a buffer overflow without Solar's paper, or some other similar hint?

Certainly nowhere near as easily or quickly as i did with the help
of that excellent Phrack article :)
However, i was not saying we should never read articles, books,
tutorials, etc. Yes, this is being 'taught' by the author, but i got
the impression this is not what the previous poster was implying.
By 'teach', i very much got the impression he was saying that presently
clueless people should me mentored, or 'spoon fed' as another poster
said. I do not believe this is at all beneficial to anyone.

I was /not/ referring to the free exchange of ideas and knowledge as
a method for teaching, without which many of us would not be anywhere
near as competant as we are today.

I apologise for the confusion, it seems you thought i was arrogantly
stating that the contributions of all that have gone before the
upcoming hackers are useless, and that none of it is of any use. I
was not saying this at all, just that i do not think 'teaching'
in the form of 'spoon feeding' is at all neccessary, or useful.

--
PGP: http://spacecake.hypermart.net/pgp/ishikodzume.pubkey.asc