From: security at 303underground.com (Scott Taylor)
Subject: Apparently the practice was prevalent

Wouldn't it make sense to accept user@...s, but NOT DISPLAY IT on the
address bar? so even if someone clicks on a shady link, they don't see
http://www.visa.com@...oks.com, they only see http://crooks.com on their
address bar? And with all those miserable encoded characters translated
back to plaintext too. Yeah I know. silly idea. Just too bloody obvious
I guess.

--
Scott Taylor - <security@...underground.com>

BOFH Excuse #429: