From: pauls at utdallas.edu (Paul Schmehl)
Subject: Re: Re: GAYER THAN AIDS ADVISORY #01: IE 5
 remote code execution

--On Wednesday, February 18, 2004 8:04 PM -0800 morning_wood
<se_cur_ity@...mail.com> wrote:

> my question is... who is the admin / security manager for this locale?
> again, this is not a windows issue, it is an administrator issue in which
> the controlling admin of the network is clueless as to how to manage
> a flexible win-net.

The chances are good to excellent that there *is* no IT person there,
Donnie.  After all, we're talking about a doctor's office.  Most of them
don't have any IT staff unless they're pretty large practices (multiple
doctors.)  My doctor is one of four in the practice, and they have no IT
staff at all.  They have to call outside help in to fix problems.  Usually
what happens is the "most knowledgeable" person in the office gets to take
the first stab at problem solving.

Paul Schmehl (pauls@...allas.edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
The University of Texas at Dallas