From: pauls at utdallas.edu (Paul Schmehl)
Subject: Re: Second critical mremap() bug found in all
 Linux kernels

--On Thursday, February 19, 2004 2:52 PM +0000 Dave Howe
<DaveHowe@....sharp-uk.co.uk> wrote:

> I thought that was *why* this list was formed - because Bugtraq's new
> owners took the vunerability 'sploit/proof of concept database offline....
> or am I missing some deeper subtlety where you critisize action X by a
> third party but privately do the same thing?

When did *that* happen?  You can still download exploit code from the vulns
db at Securityfocus.  IIRC, the list was started because bugtraq was
suppressing some posts, not because the vuln db was removed.  If *that*
were the case, wouldn't you expect to find a vuln db at fd?  Where is it?

Paul Schmehl (pauls@...allas.edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
The University of Texas at Dallas
AVIEN Founding Member