From: aditya.deshmukh at online.gateway.technolabs.net (Aditya, ALD [Aditya Lalit Deshmukh])
Subject: Firewalls

> 1) How do you get to a site via http without having the site's
> name appear in the out going http request?

use a proxy server, there are plenty on the net that you can use, antifirewall is one that comes to mind - it has a free version that you can use and download right now, google for it and you will find it

> 2) How do you set a second connection between your protected
> network and the Internet,such as dial up PPP link from a user's desk?

i dint get what exactly your requirments are, please post more data so that we may be help you..
what is a "protected network" ? if you are referring to VPN then there are plenty one to do that kind of things that are free and multiplatform, like freeswan ( freeswan.ORG ) & openvpn (openvpn.sf.net)

they are rock soild and do work over ppp with dynamic address assigned by dhcp used by most ISPs

> Thanks in advance for your positive response cum advise.

you are welcome

one more thing pete, please stop cc email to like you did in the message whose reply is Osigbemeh Okenyi; ald2003; opticfiber; martin f krafft; full-disclosure

just send the replies to full-disclosure@...t.netsys.com unless there is a specific request from the poster to cc the mails to him/her

-aditya