From: HOtero at lanchile.cl (Otero, Hernan         (EDS))
Subject: RE: Windows XP explorer.exe heap overflow.

Looking at the source... everyone knows where and how..., this piece of code
could be part of the problem...

// read in the header
    if (!Read(&emh, sizeof(emh))) //<--- This will fill up all header
records
       return;

    _xWid = emh.rclBounds.right - emh.rclBounds.left;
    _yHei = emh.rclBounds.bottom - emh.rclBounds.top;

    // Post WHKNOWN
    OnSize(_xWid, _yHei, _lTrans);

    // allocate a buffer to hold metafile
    ulSize = emh.nBytes;		//<---- This value could be any
arbitrary 							value
    pbBuf = (LPBYTE)MemAlloc(Mt(CImgTaskEmfBuf), ulSize);  //<-- Memory
//allocation size is referenced to that arbitrary value.
    if (!pbBuf)
        return;

    // copy the header into the buffer
    memcpy(pbBuf, &emh, sizeof(emh));   <--// Arbitrary buf size receiving
an 							//arbitrary size
header

    // read the metafile into memory after the header
    if (!Read(pbBuf + sizeof(emh), ulSize - sizeof(emh)))
        goto Cleanup;

Just supposed things...

-H