From: johnc at grok.org.uk (John Cartwright)
Subject: Double copies

On Wed, Feb 25, 2004 at 09:24:25AM +0000, Patrick J Okui wrote:
> nope, the dupes are just off fd.

Hi Patrick (and all others with mail problems)

If you peruse the archives you'll see that we do occasionally get
dupes on this list, sometimes this is caused by human error by Len
or myself, other times the original sender will post twice, etc.

Other dupes are caused by more simple means, such as a poster being
explicitly CC'ed as well as receiving a list copy.

If you believe that you are receiving many duplicate mails, please
forward complete copies with *all headers intact* to myself and I
will investigate. Unless this is a widespread problem I don't see
that it is of much interest to the list as a whole, so let's
resolve this off-list and report back if appropriate.

Cheers
- John