From: DaveHowe at cmn.sharp-uk.co.uk (Dave Howe)
Subject: a question about e-mails

maarten wrote:
> I think it is safe to assume that the people who drafted the RFC did
> their homework and it logically follows that there is (absolutely) no
> way to retrieve the original BCC entries (not even by the receiving
> smtp admin).
Theoretically, you could check the To and CC headers, and add the RCPT TO:
target to a BCC: field if not found in either - don't see the point
though. If you aren't listed in To or CC, it is obvious you were BCCed,
and it is impossible to determine the other BCC recipients as that
information never leaves the mail composer (that said, an initial
first-hop host *could* compare multiple emails sent in a single session,
and rebuild the BCC list in full that way; dont' see why you would do that
though (the BCC recipients aren't supposed to be public, that is the whole
point)