From: Vincent.Maes at aps.com (Vincent.Maes@....com)
Subject: And how long have buffer overflows been
 around?

-----Original Message-----
From: full-disclosure-admin@...ts.netsys.com
[mailto:full-disclosure-admin@...ts.netsys.com] On Behalf Of Edward W.
Ray
Sent: Thursday, February 26, 2004 5:51 PM
To: full-disclosure@...ts.netsys.com
Subject: [Full-Disclosure] And how long have buffer overflows been
around?

> Furthermore, the security kernel of the Windows NT server software was

> written before the Internet.

Does anyone know if the concept of "Windows time" exist?  I'd really
like to know the beginning of it's epoch.

>Windows 95 was written without a single security feature, he said, as
it was designed to be
>totally open...

It still is...isn't it?

--Vin

"MMS <apsc.com>" made the following annotations.
--- NOTICE ---
This message is for the designated recipient only and may contain confidential, privileged or proprietary information.  If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original and any copy or printout.  Unintended recipients are prohibited from making any other use of this e-mail.  Although we have taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this e-mail, we accept no liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of this e-mail or attachments, or for any delay or errors or omissions in the contents which result from e-mail transmission.