From: gpel at mpex.net (Gregor Lawatscheck)
Subject: Backdoor not recognized by Kaspersky

Cael Abal wrote:

> Historically, passworded .zip files have been the only remotely
> acceptable way to e-mail executables.  I'm hesitant to give that up.

ACK. Some AV vendors even request samples of exectuables in passworded
zips.

> I'd still rather allow all passworded .zips and rely on the client's AV
> to nab it.

People using pgp / gpg to exchange executables between them would
possibly be the way to go. Then again people who have heard about p/gpg
aren't the ones who click on executables randomly anyway. There's still
an education issue with new Internet users of which there seem to
thousands a day who fall for these worms. After all there are driver
licenses for normal highways but none for the "information super highway".