From: mikehome at kcisp.net (Mike Barushok)
Subject: Backdoor not recognized by Kaspersky

On Thu, 4 Mar 2004, Larry Seltzer wrote:

> I've never heard this before. What law?

TCPA, the Telecommunications Communications Privacy Act.

At least the ordinary English meaning of parts of that
act prohibit 'intercepting' electronic mail, and define
intercepting as to include deleting.

I am not aware of a court test yet of the exact interpretation
of this, but I am aware that it is the main reason that
Postini, Brightmail, etc all 'quarantine' rather than
deleting suspicious email including virus infected mail
that has no plaintext content.