From: se_cur_ity at hotmail.com (morning_wood)
Subject: mydoom.c information

> Now I'm confused...
>
> [jsage@...rky /storage/virii] $ nc -h
> GNU netcat 0.7.1, a rewrite of the famous networking tool.
> Basic usages:
> connect to somewhere:  nc [options] hostname port [port] ...
> listen for inbound:    nc -l -p port [options] [hostname] [port] ...
> tunnel to somewhere:   nc -L hostname:port -p port [options]
>
> Mandatory arguments to long options are mandatory for short options too.
>   -c, --close                close connection on EOF from stdin
>   -e, --exec=PROGRAM         program to exec after connect
>   -g, --gateway=LIST         source-routing hop point[s], up to 8
>   -G, --pointer=NUM          source-routing pointer: 4, 8, 12, ...
>   -h, --help                 display this help and exit
>   -i, --interval=SECS        delay interval for lines sent, ports scanned
>   -l, --listen               listen mode, for inbound connects
>   -L, --tunnel=ADDRESS:PORT  forward local port to remote address
>
> /* snip */
>

> Does persistent listener == tunnel?

hmm.. my netcat is different and i compiled from Hobbit's sources..

-------------------- snip -------------------

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>nc -h
[v1.10 NT]
connect to somewhere:   nc [-options] hostname port[s] [ports] ...
listen for inbound:     nc -l -p port [options] [hostname] [port]
        -d              detach from console, background mode

        -e prog         inbound program to exec [dangerous!!]
        -g gateway      source-routing hop point[s], up to 8
        -G num          source-routing pointer: 4, 8, 12, ...
        -h              this cruft
        -i secs         delay interval for lines sent, ports scanned
        -l              listen mode, for inbound connects
        -L              listen harder, re-listen on socket close
        -n              numeric-only IP addresses, no DNS
        -o file         hex dump of traffic
        -p port         local port number
        -r              randomize local and remote ports
        -s addr         local source address
        -t              answer TELNET negotiation
        -u              UDP mode
        -v              verbose [use twice to be more verbose]
        -w secs         timeout for connects and final net reads
        -z              zero-I/O mode [used for scanning]
port numbers can be individual or ranges: m-n [inclusive]

note: " -L              listen harder, re-listen on socket close"

mabey confusion rules the day?
or your "GNU netcat 0.7.1,  a rewrite of the famous networking tool."
 netcat really sucks

Donnie Werner
http://exploitlabs.com