From: smenard at nbnet.nb.ca (Steve Menard)
Subject: Has anyone seen this in their e-mail

Aschwin Wesselius wrote:

>On Tue, 2004-03-09 at 01:44, Edward W. Ray wrote:
>

>>This e-mail was addressed to my mail server.  It even looked
>>authentic, but since my mail server never sends me zip attachments I
>>thought it strange.
>>
>>Please be careful when opening.  The zip file contains an executable,
>>and I would assume it is some kind of virus or worm.
>>
>>Has anyone else seen something similar?
>>
>>Regards,
>>
>>Edward W. Ray
>>

>Yeah, this looks like one I've got yesterday too.
>
>The message was different and even the password was different (clever
>virus-writer huh). I bet it is a Bagle.Gen-zippwd (who gives them names
>actually?) sort of worm, but am not sure.
>
>I dare not to open it at all. At least my ClamAssassin fetched it and
>sorted it into my Virus folder. This means that ClamAV (for Linux)
>recognizes it as a worm/virus
>
>Kind regards,
>
>Aschwin Wesselius

>Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
>Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html

I Suspect that it is a targetted long term attack
against higher targets
see the one below from march 3,2004

I saw this one the other day
I thought the guys I hosted with wrote better english
Suspicious fromthe start

Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2004 20:43:45 +0800
To: me@...omain
Subject: Notify about using the e-mail account.
From: noreply@...omain

----------iwmrgskpbqjqjvtotrwg

Dear user  of e-mail server "mydomain.xx",

Our main  mailing server will  be temporary unavaible for next two days,
to continue receiving mail in these days you have  to configure our free
auto-forwarding  service.

For details see the attached file.

Attached file protected with the  password for security reasons.  Password is 55366.

Cheers,
     The mydomain team                                http://www.mydomain

----------iwmrgskpbqjqjvtotrwg

some zipped bad file here=