From: djsnm at djsnm.com (Scott Manley)
Subject: Meth and hacking?

Steven Alexander wrote:
> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4460349/
>
> "The drugs and the crime fit neatly together; addicts strung out on meth
> can stay awake and focused for days at a time, making them expert
> hackers and mailbox thieves. And ID theft is easy money, the perfect
> income for drug addicts who have no other way to fund their habit."
>
> Expert hackers?  WTF?

Expert is hardly the right word, I've had issues in the past with
someone  forging checks from my account (absurdley bad forgeries that
didn't even spell my name right - but the bank still approved
them.....). Turns out it was a supposed friend of mine who became a
habitual crystal meth user. One of the hazards of living in dotcom San
Francisco was sharing houses with all sorts of characters. (of course -
I met lots of cool people by sharing places with them too!)

Then again - looking at the quality of some of the malware out there
(like the MSBlast code) makes me believe that there are maybe some
people out there smokin and coding.

It's things like that that keep me away from anything more powerful than
alcohol.

SM