From: ccozad at sci-aust.com.au (Chris Cozad)
Subject: DELL 1600 and 1650 potential fire risk

Folks,

Has anyone experienced any of the supposed problems with the Dell 1600
and 1650 servers? Apparantly a percentage of these servers shipped early
last year have a fault on the motherboard, whereby the video chip
actually burns up in a huge cloud of smoke.

We are getting conflicting reports out of Dell, depending who we talk
to. The support technicians have all said they have seen 3 or 4 of these
failures each over the past 6 months or so, but our account manager kind
of glosses over the problem.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

thanks,

Chris Cozad
IT Infrastructure Manager
Invocare Australia
they are addressed.
originator of the message. This footer also confirms that this
email message has been scanned for the presence of computer viruses.

states them to be the views of Service Corporation International Australia.

Scanning of this message and addition of this footer is performed
by SurfControl SuperScout Email Filter software in conjunction with
virus detection software.