From: Jon.Dolinar at tri-c.edu (Dolinar, Jon)
Subject: [inbox] Is this a paypal scam?

Actually a WHOIS of the address returns a site in China so unless Paypal
was outsourced I would guess a scam.

If you want to see what the page is telnet to port 80 and do a GET
/verify.html it is a javascript from the site but using graphics and
links from paypal.com

An invalid get returns the server: Apache/1.3.14 Server at net2M.dsd.cc
Port 80

inetnum:      218.62.0.0 - 218.62.127.255
netname:      CNCGROUP-JL
country:      CN
descr:        CNCGROUP jilin province network
admin-c:      CH444-AP
tech-c:       WT92-AP
status:       ALLOCATED NON-PORTABLE
changed:      abuse@...-noc.net 20031016
mnt-by:       APNIC-HM
mnt-lower:    MAINT-CNCGROUP-JL
changed:      hm-changed@...ic.net 20040301
source:       APNIC

person:       CNCGroup Hostmaster
nic-hdl:      CH444-AP
e-mail:       abuse@...-noc.net
address:      No.156,Fu-Xing-Men-Nei Street,
address:      Beijing,100031,P.R.China
phone:        +86-10-82990775
fax-no:       +86-10-82990885
country:      CN
changed:      abuse@...-noc.net 20031027
mnt-by:       MAINT-CNCGROUP
source:       APNIC

person:       Wang Tiegang
nic-hdl:      WT92-AP
e-mail:       wtg@...l.jl.cn
address:      96,JieFang Road ChangChun 130021 China.
phone:        +86-431-8925217
fax-no:       +86-431-8925190
country:      CN
changed:      wtg@...l.jl.cn 20030117