From: fulldisclosure at fireburst.co.uk (Sam Sharpe)
Subject: Re: pgp passphrase

On Tuesday 23 Mar 2004 21:26, Valdis.Kletnieks@...edu wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Mar 2004 19:23:45 +0100, Caraciola <caraciola@....net>  said:
> > One measure to enhance security would be externel storage of keys, on a
> > smart card
> These are indeed a good idea for some environments - the big question is
> whether you're willing to pay $50 per seat for the reader and another $20
> per user for the media

I can't speak for the rest of the world, but I keep my keys on my wrist.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/watches/5eec/

I figured I needed a new watch, so i might as well get one that was useful. I
realise that this doesn't provide the security of a smartcard, however a USB
flash key is a damn sight cheaper. (except when it's built into a watch)

The comments I get when I explain why I have to "plug in my watch" before I
can login to fix something lead me to believe that not everyone is as
paranoid as me.

--
Sam Sharpe
fulldisclosure@...eburst.co.uk