From: full-disclosure at royds.net (Bill Royds)
Subject: When do exploits get used?

My daughter had to re-install part of Windows XP from CD because of some
disk problems. She forgot to take the machine off the Internet while doing
it and was infected immediately by MSBlaster as soon as the CD restored some
older DLL code.
   I wonder if anyone has actually newly connected to the Internet in the
last 6 months. Anybody buying a new XP computer that has a network
connection will be infected by MSBlaster and find their machines almost
unusable. People on this list would probably know how to disable the reboot
for RPCS using the Service manager, but most home users would have no idea
how to fix the problem. I wonder how many computers are sitting there
rebooting every few minutes because of blaster and no one knows what to do