From: randomisedletters at hotmail.com (Random Letters)
Subject: viruses being sent to this list

<opinion>

I think Gadi is being maligned.

He has raised a few questions relevant to the purpose of this list and
instead of curteous helpful replies has received (mostly) abuse.

My responses:

FD probably can't be filtered to remove viruses without also removing other
code, etc., the dissemination of which is part of the reason for this list.

If there is evidence of this list being used to deliberately release new
viruses into the wild then it is up to the *members* of the list to take
appropriate action as they are the intended victims.

Non-deliberate virus infected postings to this list and individual members
(as a result of harvesting their previous postings) are inevitable.  Members
should be responsible for their own protection (i.e. use an AV program or a
non-vulnerable mail program or OS [OK, OK, I know there's no such thing]).
Or use a publicly available free webmail service to post to the list (I do).

The charter should be altered to explicitly say that, as with all such
mailing lists/forums, malware will be sent to the list and that it is the
responsiblity of the member, rather than the list owner, to protect their
data/equipment/time/etc. (It may already say that - who reads these things
anyway?)

</opinion>

Don't be abusive, just state your opinion. Evidence is better than flaming.

Let's stop this thread unless there is further evidence.

    Does HoTMaiL come with a spell checker?