From: ge at egotistical.reprehensible.net (Gadi Evron)
Subject: viruses being sent to this list

As I got a response from the managers, I am happy. And I took it off-list.

They asked for us to send any responses to them directly rather than
on-list, and I did. However, this has now become a different thread, so
I will try and contribute.

The samples below could have been detected by any AV using signatures
alone. Thus, without any heuristics, not risking false positives or
requiring more time spent on moderation.

If anything, it should help out on moderating all the viruses that get
sent from off-list addresses, by saving time, and with no risk of new
stuff not getting to the list due to a false positive.

Also, it might be a good idea to amend the list's charter to include an
"if you use this list, it is under your own blah blah and viruses get
sent, blah blah". For future protection.

Such disclaimers don't *really* mean much legally, but they are something.

	Gadi Evron.