From: frank at knobbe.us (Frank Knobbe)
Subject: Microsoft Coding / National Security Risk

On Wed, 2004-03-24 at 07:06, joe wrote:
> [...] They weren't correcting a single
> self-contained program like W3SVC or Apache or netdom, they were correcting
> functionality in a core component used widely across the OS.

But it's just that -- A core component. Not hundreds of core
components.  It was ONE DLL that needed fixin', not a multitude of them.

I think the Windows source code has grown to a size that is hard even
for Microsoft to manage. I'm not surprised if the very developers are
starting to lose trust in their own code because it has grown to
galactic proportions... hence the need to extra long test cycles.

Regards,
Frank