From: computerguy at cfl.rr.com (~Kevin DavisĀ³)
Subject: Nessus stores credentials in plain text

Many people would disagree that storing passwords in plaintext is not a
vulnerability.  This includes entities like ISS who were doing the same
thing and once realized it changed it.  I don't see how a plaintext username
and
password is simply "system data" and not also credentials.  And guess what?
Nessus itself has several plugins that check for plaintext passwords in
other applications.
I guess it has a different standard for itself as opposed to other
applications.  For many,
it is not a matter of merely being "nice" to encrypt plaintext passwords,
but a
requirement.  You are giving the keys to the kingdom away almost for free
here.