From: marcel_k at web.de (Marcel Krause)
Subject: Security Hole in HTTP (RFC1945) - Browser-Spoofing

Hi!

> can anybody confirm this, or is it just an april's fool joke ?
> http://www.heise.de/security/news/meldung/46175

for the ones reading this mailing list offline: the text says we
all should not use HTTP because there are problems with browser
authentication.

I am reading c't, another magazine heise produces, and they
*always* have an april joke. The article mentioned above does
not tell how the hole can be exploited, but it says sth. about
a "Browser-in-the-Middle-Program (BMP)". Well, the sheer fact
that they invent a new meaning for the bitmap file extension
makes me consider this article as a great joke.

cya, Marcel
--
an unannounced attachment... it's a DOCument... does he really think
i'll either start the deamonic tool from redmond or reboot my machine