From: michael.gale at bluesuperman.com (Michael Gale)
Subject: Block notification / bounce mails (as in
 DDOS)

Hello,

	Well if the mail server was a postfix box properly configured on decent
hardware you should not be able to get DDOS. I have seem postfix servers
handle 10,000 messages an hour (166.6 messages a minute, 2.7 per
second), so the TCP connections from the remote servers will most happen
for 3days on average because the remote server(s) will most likely keep
trying to send the message.

So "REJECTING" or "BOUNCING" them will not solve the problem, to solve
the problem and the messages can in no way be handled by the Exchange
server I would add a filter to DISCARD all messages from
"MAILER-DEAMON".

Since this is a bounced back message it will most likely be small in
size, so rejecting the mail or having your ISP block port 25 at the ISP
level is not going to solve the bandwidth problem.

Michael.

--
Hand over the Slackware CD's and back AWAY from the computer, your geek
rights have been revoked !!!

Michael Gale
Slackware user :)
Bluesuperman.com