From: phaze7 at web.de (Phaze 7)
Subject: erase with magnet

Hello Exibar,

> X-Rays (a form of radiation) have been proved harmful in humans and other
> life.  Magnetism has never shown any side effects on living organisms.
>
>   When was the last time that you heard of Magnetism sickness, now how about
> radiation sickness?

magnetic fields can seriously harm you. A friend of mine works on a project to
stimulate nerves without having to attach electrodes to your body.

Here's a link to the page dealing with magnetic neurostimulation:
http://www.magandmore.com/Forschung/Neurostimulation/neurostimulation.html
Unfortunately it's in German. You can still feed it to babelfish and see what
you get ;)

Anyway, they can stimulate single nerves in your body through use of magnetic
fields. (It works, I had them try it on my arm) If you apply this to your head
and hit the wrong nerves, well - you're in trouble. Same thing goes for strong
magnetic fields that are not as well constrained as in medical equipment.

Long term side effects are still another matter that virtually nothing is
known about.

If you want more info, contact me off-list. Medical full disclosure is a
little bit off-topic anyway.

Regards,
Phaze 7

--
Student Board for Electrical Engineering
Munich University of Technology