lists.openwall.net   lists  /  announce  owl-users  owl-dev  john-users  john-dev  passwdqc-users  yescrypt  popa3d-users  /  oss-security  kernel-hardening  musl  sabotage  tlsify  passwords  /  crypt-dev  xvendor  /  Bugtraq  Full-Disclosure  linux-kernel  linux-netdev  linux-ext4  PHC 
Open Source and information security mailing list archives
 
Hash Suite: Windows password security audit tool. GUI, reports in PDF.
[<prev] [next>] [<thread-prev] [thread-next>] [day] [month] [year] [list]
From: carolyn.meinel at techbroker.com (Carolyn Meinel)
Subject: A sucker is born every day

At 09:59 PM 4/4/2004, you wrote:
>. Who knows? Perhaps a
>couple of newcomers to the field went off and wandered through the
>attrition archives. Plenty to see; it's a good education, of sorts.

Does anyone believe that Osama bin Laden and Saddam Hussein had a gay
wedding? The Weekly World News had a photo on their front cover! Would they
lie to us?

Attrition is the Weekly World News of web sites. Martin's site says I
defaced the New York Times web site and says I have herpes encephalitis,
which has an 80% mortality rate and leaves the other 20% vegetables. (Do a
web search on herpes encephalitis, ye unbelievers.) Would Martin lie to you?

Forbes picked up Martin's story, on attrition.org, that John Vranesevich
paid someone to deface the Senate web site. Surely he wouldn't just make up
that story. Stories in the New York Times and Vanity Fair quoted the FBI
saying Martin was wrong, but what does the FBI know? Jay Dyson tells you to
believe, so believe you must, because it is cool.

Carolyn Meinel
http://happyhacker.org
http://techbroker.com
505-281-9675

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."  - Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Gravity...it's not just a good idea.  It's the law.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://lists.grok.org.uk/pipermail/full-disclosure/attachments/20040405/0ef43468/attachment.html
From len  Mon Apr  5 19:53:16 2004
From: len (Len Rose)
Subject: [Full-Disclosure] Administrivia: Meta Discussions (about the list itself)
Message-ID: <200404051853.i35IrGa17228@...sys.com>

We'd like to ask everyone to please reconsider discussing these
issues on the list itself. By flooding the list with endless
arguments we're actually causing more harm than good. 

Everyone feels strongly about issues that concern them directly,
but please try and restrain this type of discussion to the
absolute minimum if at all.

We would like to thank everyone for their participation and 
patience when things get noisy.

We especially want to thank the vendors and researchers
who contribute to Full Disclosure. They make the concept of full
disclosure work. The results are obvious as we look at our
systems and network environments today. 

We hope to continue working on improving latency and for those
people who insist on posting but never subscribe, the delays 
your posts experience are due to human time constraints
as we often are busy and overlook the moderation queue. 


As always send your complaints and comments to us, we do
read them though we don't always answer. Thanks!


John and Len


PS ( Len: I think that Morning Wood should get the award for
          cleaning his act up on Full Disclosure, so a special
          mention is deserved in my personal opinion. )






Powered by blists - more mailing lists