From: exibar at thelair.com (Exibar)
Subject: MCSE training question

It's very interesting to see that those people without any certifications,
always say that certs are a waste of time, that a monkey can pass the exams
(all of them, doesn't matter which), blah blah blah

  A cert is just like a degree.  Not much different.  There are people with
PHD's that are total idiots and you wonder how they got their PHD, then
there are those PHD's that you just KNOW that they are on top of their game
and deserve those letters.  When an employer looks at a resume, he'll pay
closer attention to the candidate with those letters.  It's just a bar that
the person jumped over, he/she took the time out of their lives to attain
that degree or certification, they are worth a closer look.  The person
without those letters "might" know more about the given subject to to
experience, but that will come out in the interview.
   The same thing if you own your own Info-Security business.  Pretend you
know zero about computer security but you know you need a pen-test done to
show the holes in your network and help plug them.  If you have your choice
of hiring a firm that has CISSP's that will be performing your pen-test,
you'll look closer at them over a firm that has "security people" in it.
Those 5 little letters could mean getting the contract and eating a steak or
eating more Raman noodles for another week (don't get me wrong, I LOOOOVE
Raman noodles <grin>).

   If I'm being operated on, I want an MD operating on me, I don't want
someone that "can perform the operation" without passing the exams to get
the MD.....

Ex