lists.openwall.net   lists  /  announce  owl-users  owl-dev  john-users  john-dev  passwdqc-users  yescrypt  popa3d-users  /  oss-security  kernel-hardening  musl  sabotage  tlsify  passwords  /  crypt-dev  xvendor  /  Bugtraq  Full-Disclosure  linux-kernel  linux-netdev  linux-ext4  linux-hardening  PHC 
Open Source and information security mailing list archives
 
Hash Suite: Windows password security audit tool. GUI, reports in PDF.
[<prev] [next>] [<thread-prev] [thread-next>] [day] [month] [year] [list]
From: pfarrow at flamenetworks.co.uk (Paul Farrow)
Subject: A sucker is born every day

And this comes from the same person who accused schematic of the happyhacker days of being a crack addict - and threatening him with jail.

long live koan! have to admit, i miss those days...
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Carolyn Meinel 
  To: Etaoin Shrdlu ; full-disclosure@...ts.netsys.com 
  Sent: Monday, April 05, 2004 7:18 PM
  Subject: [Full-Disclosure] A sucker is born every day


  At 09:59 PM 4/4/2004, you wrote:

    . Who knows? Perhaps a
    couple of newcomers to the field went off and wandered through the
    attrition archives. Plenty to see; it's a good education, of sorts.

  Does anyone believe that Osama bin Laden and Saddam Hussein had a gay wedding? The Weekly World News had a photo on their front cover! Would they lie to us? 

  Attrition is the Weekly World News of web sites. Martin's site says I defaced the New York Times web site and says I have herpes encephalitis, which has an 80% mortality rate and leaves the other 20% vegetables. (Do a web search on herpes encephalitis, ye unbelievers.) Would Martin lie to you?

  Forbes picked up Martin's story, on attrition.org, that John Vranesevich paid someone to deface the Senate web site. Surely he wouldn't just make up that story. Stories in the New York Times and Vanity Fair quoted the FBI saying Martin was wrong, but what does the FBI know? Jay Dyson tells you to believe, so believe you must, because it is cool.

  Carolyn Meinel
  http://happyhacker.org
  http://techbroker.com
  505-281-9675

  "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."  - Benjamin Franklin, 1759

  Gravity...it's not just a good idea.  It's the law.

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://lists.grok.org.uk/pipermail/full-disclosure/attachments/20040406/2ee23440/attachment.html

Powered by blists - more mailing lists