From: poof at fansubber.com (Poof)
Subject: no more public exploits and general PoC gui de lines

Stupid question here...

So the entire point about the not releasing PoC code is so that admins don't
have to worry about patching?

Isn't this anti-security?

I would personally prefer my computer in the middle minefield knowing where
the mines are rather than being in a minefield with only half the mines
active and my not knowing where they are.

I personally think that companies need to look at changing their outlook on
patching their boxes. Yes- I know that a 3 second downtime will kill
productivity, however I also know that when the kiddy(or otherwise) that
breaks in to that box and rm -f /'s everything there will be more downtime.

It's just security through obscurity. It's not going to help anything. Just
give people/businesses a false sense of security. Do you think that
DCOM(Yes, I know it was a disaster) would have been patched half as 'fast'
if it didn't have the POCC? I don't.

~