From: geggam692000 at yahoo.com (D B)
Subject: Wireless ISPs

>Dan,

>Your reasoning is quite skewed.  Yes wireless
ISP'ISP'sould have
>encryption and most do.  It is very poor accounting
>and business
>procedures to let evereveryouneyour network and use
it >for free.
>Unless
>maybe you are thinking of a WAP WAPa coffee house.

>However saying that wireless ISP'ISP's responsible
for >an irresponsible
>merchant sending sensitive information over an
>insecure medium is quite
>reckless.

erm

merchant = https order from and there to a secure mail
serverand from there to the ISPs insecure ...oops
there goes all that SSL

and no i dont know for sure if the merchant had secure
mail ..point being there it wouldnt matter if the ISP
secured their email or wireless transmissions

and ill be damned if i prove i have someones credit
card # this way .. in fact i deny even knowing this is
possible

this is all hypothetical

cept the part about the ISP not using any form of
encryption anywhere

>How about we hold the person responsible that
>initially creates the
>problem and not hand it off to someone who you
already >seem to have a
>vendetta against.

vendetta ?

thats it ...everyone pack up and go home

security is now a vendetta

quit being retarded

this is a full blown ISP I tried to convince to use
any form of encryption including  TLS / SSL email( the
admin thinks simply using kismet is hacking ) ... i
was ignored ( they do offer webhosting & mail services
along with DSL & dialup.. they also  support many
local businesses )

http://www.effingham.net check them out....free
internet at the intersection of I-57 and I-70 in IL

when i posted the fact there was no protection for
users  publicly ( on my own discussion board ) the ISP
( wireless ) accused me of harassment to my ISP ( i
hate talking to lawyers )

i have now harvested several hundred client email
addresses to whom i will be sending copies of their
own email ( nothing else works so i suppose the direct
approach should be tried )

perhaps that will create  some awareness by DISCLOSING
the facts to  endusers about the company trying to
hide the fact their data is so easy to obtain

are u aware of the definition of disclosure or are u a
posing geek who likes to use big buzzwords and
bullshit their way into something ?

Dan Becker