From: mlists at arhont.com (Andrew A. Vladimirov)
Subject: 802.11b (others) single packet DoS

The description of the attack appears to be too general and it is too
early to say anything before a detailed practical implementation of the
attack is shown (after all, this is Full Disclosure). From what I have
gathered reading the provided link, it is a form of a casual jamming
using a common wireless client card rather than a specific jamming
device a la http://www.svbxlabs.com/pages/projects/herf005/

Well, if it is the case, then there is nothing new about it. Anyone who
has experimented with FakeAP, knows that it can flood the channel pretty
badly, especially if the attacker sets a smaller interval between
beacons (e.g. with prism2_param beacon_int) and supplements it with the
probe requests flood (looping prism2_param hostscan). As an example, see
http://www.wi-foo.com/phorum/read.php?f=1&i=24&t=11#reply_24
at our forum.

Regards,
Andrew

--
Dr. Andrew A. Vladimirov
CISSP #34081, CWNA, CCNP/CCDP, TIA Linux+

Web: http://www.arhont.com
      http://www.wi-foo.com
Tel: +44 (0)870 44 31337
Fax: +44 (0)117 969 0141