From: _ at r4k.net (Stephanie Wehner)
Subject: worms wanted

Hi,

I'm currently running some experiments classifying network traffic.
In particular, I am interested in classifying worms using a new
classification method. Unfortunately, however, I don't have a honeynet
or other large scale network available to collect them. I'm also
interested in more 'historic' worms, who have died out by now. Thus
I was hoping that some of you might be able to help me out.

In particular, I would be interested in:
- the executables used by worms. Any new worms, but any older worm
  is fine as well. Since I am interested in recurring patterns
  common to all worms, I'm not only looking for different worms, but
  also different versions of the same worm.

- packet traces of all worm interactions, starting from the initial
  infection to later spreading of the worm

Please mail me off list, since I gather from the previous discussions
that posting worms to the list would not be appreciated.

Disclaimer, (before any of you start accusing me of being a 'viruskiddie'
or whatever :) ): My interest in these worms is purely academic and
restricted to their patterns. In fact, I don't even own a windows box
myself to create viri on or something. I will be happy to share the
results of my classification experiments with you, once I'm done.

Thanks a lot,
Steph

#3 - Anime Law of Sonic Amplification, First Law of Anime Acoustics
In space, loud sounds, like explosions, are even louder because
there is no air to get in the way.