From: seclists at stratitec.com (defiance)
Subject: Imaging Operating Systems

There are also some open source alternatives,
mondo/mindi
udpcast

I use a modified version of udpcast put on a knoppix disk to do big
network installs.We keep a small 6gb image on a image server and then
the knoppix disk will transfer the image and resize the partitions based
upon the size of the hard drive. Works great, broadcasts over the
network so we can do alot of machines at the same time and it only takes
about 20 minutes.

Chris Locke
http://stageofbattle.org