From: Michael.Schmidt at T-Mobile.com (Schmidt, Michael R.)
Subject: http://www.chase.com/ vulnerability

Yes, you are correct; when you go to the "contact us" page they require you to use the quite un-secure login page first.  That is brilliant.  The credentials are passed along unsecured over the Internet.  I am glad that my bank has an actual SSL login page.

I sent them a message - one that the page said was "protected" via SSL, which it was not, it was however posted to a page that had SSL, then redirected to a non protected thank you page.  This is such poor security that it is frightening.  Do they not understand that all the posted data is being sent clear text?

Someone needs to be fired.