From: insecure at ameritech.net (insecure)
Subject: anyone seen this worm/trojan  before?

Perrymon, Josh L. wrote:

>I found this worm/ trojan on a laptop. Ran FPort and found the .exe.
>Doesn't look like it propagates to other machines but rather communicates
>with a compromised
>web companies server using IRC. The compromised server has removed the IRC
>service. Only sends RST packets back.
>
>I put it on my site.
>
>http://www.packetfocus.com/analysis.htm
>
>I would like to know the attack vectors. I'm guessing LSASS.
>
>Joshua Perrymon
>PGP Fingerprint
>51B8 01AC E58B 9BFE D57D  8EF6 C0B2 DECF EC20 6021

McAfee VirusScan 7.1 with 4364 DAT detects it as W32/Sdbot.worm.gen.g.
Other than that, they have no information besides that they first
noticed it on 5/26/2004.

It may spread through lsass, but this type of worm is usually limited to
spreading through network shares with weak password protection.

Jerry