From: nunley at gmail.com (Shawn Nunley)
Subject: Possible First Crypto Virus Definitely Discovered !

Actually, if anyone took the time to visit Mr. Balony's (sorry,
Bilano's) blog, they might just figure out that he is, in fact,
brilliantly funny.  This little experiment in social engineering has
been extremely humorous, and I have to say, says a lot about the
reactive nature of security folks in general.  Instead of seeing the
original post for what it was (bait for anal retentive security folks
who think they can solve every problem on the planet) they jumped to
criticize, humiliate, and otherwise make asses out of themselves with
their replies.  It really was brilliant.  I especially liked the
fictional character who got fired for opening the offensive 443 port.
LOL.  great stuff.  Maybe the seriousness of the post was a bit too
much for most people to see through, but i thought it was funny.  I'm
not sure I want to see this kind of prank in FD regularly, but you
gotta admit it was funny.

--
Shawn Nunley, CISSP
Director, Technology Development