From: visitbipin at yahoo.com (bipin gautam)
Subject: Multiple Antivirus Scanners DoS attack. [summery]

--- Jan Muenther <jan.muenther@...ns.com> wrote:
> > do you have any idea how i created these
> compressed
> > archive??? i didn't modified the header info!!!
> > i created it using dd if=/dev/zero ..............
>
> Yeah right. I believe the first time I saw this
> reported was like 1998.
> Why don't you check mailing list archives before
> making such a big fuzz and
> releasing an 'advisory' on this (which doesn't even
> describe the issue)?

I believe for the time being, the full details should
only be reported to AV softwares. This issue had a
detailed discussion on my Winrar advisory,
http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/8572    nine months
ago.

Latest [unconfirmed] report from some users suggest,
Panda antivirus is also vulnerable to such attacks.
[even for MAC users]

You can get the updates on this issue at.......
http://www.geocities.com/visitbipin/Multiple_AV_DoS.html

well there was ways exploiting the AV software on wild
but... AV companies ignored? the issue.

--- [Vulnerable Products] ---

       Only tested on...

* Norton Antivirus 2002
* Norton Antivirus 2003
* Mcafee VirusScan 6
* Network Associates (McAfee) VirusScan Enterprise 7.1
* Rav Antivirus online Scanner [Couldn't complete the
scan...]
* Windows Xp default ZIP manager [report's wrong size
of compress ZIP files.]

There has been multiple reports [Unconfirmed]

*F-Prot 4.4.2 for Linux
*Panda Antivirus

  Are vulnerable.
regards,