From: todd at hostopia.com (Todd Burroughs)
Subject: MS Anti Virus?

They are planning to get into a market that gaurds against the failures
in their own product.  I don't like this, as it seems that they are going
to be in a position to intentionally make holes that their "anti-virus"
software will fix.  If we had a more competitive market in this type of
software there would be no market for AV software and the AV companies
would be making better operating systems.  Remember, Microsoft is a
marketing company and they are very good at it and very powerful.

Educate your friends and family.  Unfortunately, there isn't much choice
right now, but someone will do for Linux (or *BSD) what Apple has done.
If Apple was smart, they would make an OS for PCs.  Maybe they will...

It's sad that we are wasting so much resources on what should be a
non-problem.

Todd Burroughs
---
The Internet has given us unprecedented opportunity to communicate and
share on a global scale without borders; fight to keep it that way.