From: kenng at kpmg.com (Ng, Kenneth (US))
Subject: Spam Solution

There isn't going to be any one solution that solves the spam problem.  And
even if there were, it would be years before we got the bulk of the email
systems to handle it.  And along the way you know some of the vendors will
do their usual "embrace extend exterminate" dirty tricks to put others at a
disadvantage.  And when sites start using only the new infrastructure there
will be pain.  But by every means we deny to the spamers, that leaves one
less avenue open to them, and forces them to spend resources to find new
means.  The better ones will adapt, the slower ones will go extinct.  Think
of it as evolution in action.  Yes, its sick, but we're going to be breeding
better spammers.